Thursday, February 19, 2009

Liveblog- Nova video

Commentary as I go.

After reading Monkey Girl by Edward Humes, it'll be interesting to see what Bonsell, Buckingham, and Miller actually look like. Shallow thought, I know, but there it is.

I thought Kansas came first? Or maybe that was defeated/in court before the Dover school district put up their one minute statement.

AHA millipede. I like millipedes.

Hm... yeah, my inner visuals of Padian and Miller were a little off... for some reason, Padian was like a fossil-hunting Steve Irwin. >_>;;;

Oh hey, the Dragonfly book! We used that in my high school. And there's the 'laced with Darwinism' quote... oh Buckingham. If I recall correctly, evolution wasn't OMGPERVASIVE.

If I recall correctly, the tortoises of Galapagos were more of a catalyst than the finches in forming the theory of evolution. This is an awesome visualization of the tree of life.

That's a disturbing statistic, 1/3 to 1/2 of Americans not accepting evolution. Especially post cold war, when the US enjoyed a push in science education.

I found Of Pandas and People in Cooper the other day. For a science text, it's pretty light. That reminds me, I need to get around to reading Johnson's book.

Oh this will be fun... We end with Tiktaalik.

No comments:

Post a Comment